Utilities | Check For Updates
Check for Update
Overview: Checking for Updates is an important part of maintaining the Coffee Shop Manager program. The updates contain new features and fixes for reported errors.
Check for Updates Introduction
The program will not prompt a message alerting you when an update is available, so it is important to schedule a time to complete this. We recommend checking for updates at least once a month. Windows must be logged in as the Administrator account and CSM have the permission ‘Access Utility Menu’ assigned in their Role. See section Employee | Role Maintenance for more information on Roles.
Check for Updates Instructions
These are the steps you will use on a regular basis to check for the most recent version of Coffee Shop Manager.
Note: Make sure no other computer on the network except the computer you are updating has CSM running before updating the software. This includes registers, back office, kitchen modules (purchased separately), and headquarters modules (purchased separately).
- Select Utilities | Check for Updates from the main screen of CSM.
- Select Yes to close CSM when prompted.
- After CSM finishes closing, the update program will start.
- The update utility will automatically check to see if an update is available.
- If an update is not available the Redownload latest version can be selected to force the utility to download the update again.
- Select Download.
- Once the update has been downloaded and installed select Exit to close the program.
- Restart CSM.
Note: After you restart CSM the database structure will automatically update to match the current software. This process may take a few minutes to complete.
- After the file update has run successfully any remaining register or back office computer running CSM must be updated following the same procedure.